Black Sod Bay Oil Spill
Engine oils and fuel spill
- MARCH 30TH 2006, BETWEEN 45 + 50 CARS WERE TRANSPORTED FROM A NEIGHBOURING ISLAND DESTINED FOR SCRAP.
- THEY ARE DEPOSITED AT LOW TIDE ON THE SHORE LINE TO AWAIT TRANSPORTATION.
- OIL / DIESEL / PETROL BEGINS TO SEEP FROM BROKEN SUMPS AND DAMAGED TANKS ONCE THE TIDE COMES IN.
PRP Booms Deployed
- A MAJOR LOCAL EMERGENCY ENSUES AND MANY PEOPLE ARE CALLED TO THE CLEAN UP
- 30TH MARCH 2006 PRP (Petroleum Remediation Product) TECHNOLOGY IS DEPLOYED
- 4 LARGE BIOBOOMS ARE PLACED ON THE INSIDE OF LARGER TRADITIONAL CONTAINMENT BOOMS.
- PRP POWDER IS SPREAD ONTO THE WATER.
Oil eradicated in 7 days.
- THE OFFSHORE WIND CARRIES THE PRP QUICKLY TO THE INTRICATE AREAS OF THE SPILL
- PRP ABSORBS AND DEGRADES THE HYDROCARBONS
- WITHIN A WEEK 99% OF THE SPILLED FUEL HAS BEEN ERADICATED.
- THE BEACH IS ONCE AGAIN A PLACE OF BEAUTY AND LIFE
One week later.....
The difference a week can make. PRP technology captures and eradicates the oil in situ. There is no mess. Nothing to pick up.
Why did PRP work when conventional methods failed?
PRP (Petroleum Remediation Product) comes in powder and boom formats and it is significantly different to conventional absorbent pads and booms in that it bonds with the oil, takes it inside its matrix and eradicates that oil, turning it into carbon dioxide and water. There is NO RESIDUE. Nothing to pick up and dispose of.
Conventional pads and booms had failed because the tide carries in and out any oil present in the water with the tide. After several days the failure of this process was evident. PRP works by bonding to any oil that comes in contact with it and remediating the oil in situ. It is a fast and a completely green and clean way to clean up oil spills. Rather than chasing the oil, let the tide carry the oil to the PRP Booms. Let the booms do the work for you.
PRP was invented in space during a NASA Crystalline experiment. It has been approved for commercial use by the United States Department of Labor: 2011
Page construction and design – Thomas M.Eustace B.Comm M.B.S.©